Monday, July 25, 2011

She is one who radiates the inner grace which only comes from the      
confidence in being a woman of God.

Yes, I did in fact tweet this quote last week sometime. But pretending that you have never seen it before now, it actually goes in correlation with my last blog post. I wrote “Underestimated” about my mother…one of the most Godly influential people I have in my life. I will never be able to properly thank her for the sacrifices she’s made for me, but I hope one day I can impact my children the way she has impacted me. As extremely different as the two of us are, I have just recently realized how much of her I hope to embody as a mother one day. (One day: years from now).
But to pertain to all readers of this, not just my nine female followers, the former quote applies to us all. Woman/man/child/adult/student/teacher/friend/sibling/guardian/every person of God’s elect. The first time I read this quote I thought of my mom, I then thought of the Proverbs 31 woman (which I think can be over examined and eventually lose its meaning, but that’s not for me to question), but I then thought about what this quote actually means. It ultimately doesn’t have anything to do with being a woman..it’s about a child. The only beings able to obtain “inner grace” are children of God, but what good is this grace if we don’t recognize it? And better yet, what is the purpose of the Lord giving us grace if others don’t recognize it either? So then comes confidence..

 I will never boast about anything except the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ. Galatians 6:14

This past Sunday, the minister talked through Ephesians 4:7-12. In these verses Paul tells us that God has granted all of his people the gift of grace, which is to equip us in using our spiritual gifts to advance the kingdom. Without our recognition of grace, we can do nothing for the good work of the Lord. There it is. “…inner grace which ONLY comes from the confidence in being a [child] of God.” Grace, ultimately, is supposed to make us feel secure and confident-not for our own pleasure, but for the advancement of Christ on a wasting earth.  

No comments:

Post a Comment