Monday, June 6, 2011

Fruit Tea and Things


I just got home yesterday from a much needed week in Nashville. Obviously i was with Anna (Jamieson, for those who aren't blessed to know her), and we stripped the town all week long. Literally, we took an accidental hour long detour one day into the country side of Nash. We ate amazing food everyday..since Tupelo has such a wide variety of great restaurants to compare to. But since being home, I can't stop thinking of two things. One being how blessed I am to have incredibly influential people in my life, and also a delicacy called fruit tea. At a local restaurant called Sam & Zoe's in Nashville, we enjoyed fruit tea..Nashville's version of sweet tea. Today i looked up a recipe and made a pitcher, but it's not the same drinking it in my backyard in Tup rather than in one of my favorite cities in the world. But back to the more serious thought, so far this summer the Lord has consistently illuminated one verse: 

God proves to be good to the man who passionately waits, to the woman who diligently seeks. It's a good thing to quietly hope, quietly hope for help from God.
Lamentations 3:25-26
I've been home alone for the most part this summer, which hasn't been the most entertaining way i can think to spend my time. But through this time I've been slowly learning that we are called to rest, and this is my season. We are called to be quiet, and we are presented with time alone for a reason. We are to be alone, but never feel lonely. So far this month the Lord has given me countless opportunities to be alone and intimate with Him. In my ignorance i don't always take hold or appreciate those times..but it's comforting to know that in my unfaithfulness, he remains perfectly faithful. And the time in my day i see so precious, was actually never mine in the first place.

Highlights of the Sun
My sweet twin cousins
World's greatest grandad. 
what else do you do in summer besides read, write, and eno?
...and create
enriched with a loving mom and sister with a weekend on the beach

Love you all


No comments:

Post a Comment